JOIN ONE OF MASTER CHEF CHALOEM'S PERSONAL COOKING CLASSES ON A JOURNEY OF FLAVOUR & SECRET DELIGHTS!
THE ART OF DELICIOUS!
"I've done 2 Thai cooking courses there with my friend, and I reckon that their cuisine is the most delicious and genuine Thai cuisine around..."
CHALOEM'S WEEKEND COOKING CLASSES
Chef's Chaloem has created delightful weekend cooking classes for each season of the year to introduce you to the wonderful world of Thai cooking. Classes limited to 6 student per course
EXCLUSIVE THAI DUCK MASTER-CLASSES JUNE-JULY (SUNDAYS ONLY)
Learn to create some of Thailand’s rich and exotic Duck Specialties in an exclusive Duck Master-Class held by Master Chef Chaloem Chaiseeha.
Discover how to Roast and prepare duck for Thai cooking, prepare curry paste, sauces and accompaniments for Thai Duck Dishes, Wok-Frying and more!
Duck Master-Class Menu:
- Kaprow Ped – Duck Stir-fried with Holy Basil
- Larb Ped – Issan Larb Style Salad with Duck
- Tom Yum Ped - Tom Yum of Duck
- Gaeng Daeng Ped – Rich coconut cream Duck Red Curry
- Pad Ki Mao Ped - Duck Stir-fried with Egg Noodles
What You Get:
- Expert tuition from Master Chef Chaloem Chaiseeha
- Intimate class sizes (max of 6)
- Detailed Recipes of each Dish, List of ingredient Suppliers, FAQ
- Luv-A-Duck gifts!
What to Bring:
- Closed toed shoes (aprons are provided)
Running Time: Approximately 3 Hours (10am-1pm)
Suitable For: Beginners to Intermediates
Master-Class Fee: $149 per person
Only available from June to July (Sundays) , subject to availability.
In Collaboration with Luv-A-Duck.
#1 THE ISSAN COURSE
FOOD FROM NORTH EAST THAILAND
- Classes run for approximately 3 hours.
Chaloem has selected Larb Gai succulent ground chicken tossed in Thai herbs and a spicy marinade, Yum Neua Yang tender portions of pan-seared premium rump beef, finely sliced and tossed in a zesty marinade with traditional Thai herbs, Som Tum a wonderful hot and spicy dish of shredded green papaya, peanuts and dried shrimp, Kaeng Om Gai a fragrant chicken curry with no coconut milk with dill), Moo Gatee creamy pork dip with peanuts. Chaloem will demonstrate how to cook Khao Neeow Local Sticky rice. Enjoy a feast of Chaloem’s famous Curry Puffs and a glass of wine to conclude. Chaloem is happy to organise other special menu request classes. The experience begins promptly at 10am. with a welcoming coffee. The class concludes between 12:30pm and 1pm. At the end of the lesson students may eat the fruits of their labours with a complimentary glass of wine, or take them home to share
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn how to prepare Larb Gai, Yum Neua Yang and other fantastic dishes from North East Thailand.
- Master Chef Chaloem will also demonstrate how to cook Khao Neeow, a local dessert fare.
- Discover Chef Chaloem's personal recipes and knowledge of ingredients.
ask us about our exclusive new in-home cooking classes with family, friends or business colleagues
Chaloem will teach in your own kitchen. Enjoy your lunch together feasting on your creations and some special dishes provided by Chaloem.
Choose wines from Paladarr's extensive wine list to enhance your wonderful celebration with friends
Due to the hands-on nature of the class, places are limited to 6 students per course. Please advise us of any food allergies that you might have at the time of booking – due to the nature of the cuisine, we are not always able to accommodate all dietary requirements, but we'll do our best! Schedules may change and seasonal ingredients are subject to availability - if circumstances change we will let you know ahead of time.
COOKING CLASS FEE
$150 per person and includes all materials and Chaloem’s course recipes.
Chaloem's seasonal menus
- Classes run for approximately 3 hours.
What You Get
- Expert tuition from Master Chef Chaloem.
- Enjoy the meal you will prepare in class with a glass of wine, plus Chaloem’s famous Curry Puffs!
- A lovely certificate signed by the Chef
- Recipes for each of the dishes you prepare during the class
- Coffee and tea to be served at the start of the class.
ABOUT THIS Autumn CLASS
Get expert tuition from Chef Chaloem as he shares with you his personal recipes and knowledge of ingredients, and demonstrates the methods and techniques necessary to achieve a meal that is authentically Thai and of restaurant quality.
Chaloem has much experience in teaching Thai cookery having held classes in his Trentham restaurant before moving to Melbourne. He has also conducted sessional training for William Angliss TAFE.
Each menu can accommodate individual special dietary requirements*
* we require a minimum of 24 hours notice for any special alteration to the menu
Spring (Sept 1 - Nov 30)
- Som Tum – Papaya Salad
- Satay Chicken
- Prawns in Yellow Curry
- Chicken in Garlic & Pepper Stir-fry
- Curry Puffs
Summer (DEC 1 - Feb 28)
- Pla Goong - Seared Prawns Salad
- Pad Thai
- Chicken in Red Curry
- Tom Yum soup with chicken
- Vegetarian Curry Puffs
Autumn (Mar 1 - May 31)
- Larb Gai
- Beef Kaprow Stir-fry
- Chicken in Penang Curry
- Kaeng Om’ North Eastern Thai Curry with chicken
- Curry Puffs
Winter (June 1 - Aug 31)
- Pork Dip
- Chicken & Cashews Stir-fry
- Beef in Mussaman Curry
- ‘Tom Kar’ - Spicy coconut-milk soup with chicken
- Vegetarian Curry Puffs.
Enjoy a feast of Chaloem’s famous Curry Puffs and a glass of wine to conclude. The experience begins promptly at 10am. with a welcoming coffee. At the end of the lesson students may eat the fruits of their labours with a complimentary glass of wine, or take them home to share.
You will also receive recipes for each of the dishes you prepare during the class and a lovely certificate signed by the chef.
- Please advise us of any food allergies that you might have at the time of booking – due to the nature of the cuisine, we are not always able to accommodate all dietary requirements, but we'll do our best!
- Schedules may change and seasonal ingredients are subject to availability - if circumstances change we will let you know ahead of time.
Join Master Chef Chaloem for Your Own Private Cooking Class
Master Chef Chaloem offers private in home cooking classes as well as classes here in the kitchen at Paladarr both weekdays and weekends by appointment and reservation