the art of thai cooking
About This Class
Get expert tuition from Chef Chaloem as he shares with you his personal recipes and knowledge of ingredients, and demonstrates the methods and techniques necessary to achieve a meal that is authentically Thai and of restaurant quality.
Chaloem has much experience in teaching Thai cookery having held classes in his Trentham restaurant before moving to Melbourne. He has also conducted sessional training for William Angliss TAFE and has attracted media attention over the years.
- Session 1: 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Session 2: 1:30pm - 4:00pm
- Classes run for approximately 2.5 hours.
- Maximum class sizes of 6 guests.
- 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Group Bookings Only (4 minimum)
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to prepare Larb Gai, Yum Neua Yang and other fantastic dishes from North East Thailand.
- Discover Chef Chaloem's personal recipes and knowledge of ingredients.
What You Get
- Expert tuition from Master Chef Chaloem.
- A lovely certificate signed by the Chef
- Recipes for each of the dishes you prepare during the class
- Coffee and tea to be served at the start of the class
- Enjoy the meal you will prepare in class with a glass of wine, plus Chaloem’s famous Curry Puffs!
Paladarr offers the following seasonal menus
Summer (Jan - Feb)
- Pla Goong - Seared Prawns Salad
- Pad Thai
- Chicken in Green Curry
- Fresh Mango and Sticky Rice
- Vegetarian Curry Puffs
Autumn (March - May)
- Larb Gai
- Beef Kaprow Stir-fry
- Chicken in Penang Curry
- Kaeng Om’ North Eastern Thai Curry with chicken
- Curry Puffs
Winter (June - Aug)
- Pork Dip
- Chicken & Cashews Stir-fry
- Beef in Mussaman Curry
- ‘Tom Kar Goong’ - Spicy coconut-milk soup with prawn
- Vegetarian Curry Puffs.
Spring (Sept - Dec)
- Som Tum – Papaya Salad
- Satay Chicken
- Prawns in Yellow Curry
- Chicken in Garlic & Pepper Stir-fry
- Curry Puffs
Here's sneak peak on Recipeyum
Tickets - $127.5 per person
Enjoy a feast of Chaloem’s famous Curry Puffs and a glass of wine to conclude. The experience begins promptly at 10am. with a welcoming coffee. At the end of the lesson students may eat the fruits of their labours with a complimentary glass of wine, or take them home to share.
You will also receive recipes for each of the dishes you prepare during the class and a lovely certificate signed by the chef.
- Please advise us of any food allergies that you might have at the time of booking – due to the nature of the cuisine, we are not always able to accommodate all dietary requirements, but we'll do our best!
- Schedules may change and seasonal ingredients are subject to availability - if circumstances change we will let you know ahead of time.
* we require a minimum of 24 hours notice for any special alteration to the menu